Monero is secure.
Monero can’t be hacked to steal your funds, due to the power of distributed consensus, which you can read about here. This means that you are responsible for your money, and don’t have to trust any entity to keep it safe for you.
Monero is private.
The power of the blockchain usually increases security at the cost of privacy, but with Monero’s sophisticated privacy-centric technology, you get all of the security benefits of the blockchain without any of the privacy trade-offs.
Monero is untraceable.
By taking advantage of ring signatures, Monero makes it ambiguous which funds have been spent, and thus extremely unlikely that a transaction could be linked to particular user.
Monero is fungible.
Because of the on-by-default nature of the privacy technologies, Monero is fungible, meaning one Monero will always be equal to another. This means you won’t have to worry about Monero blacklisted by exchanges or vendors.
- Breaking the rules gets your post deleted and may result in a ban.
- Follow redditquette and the rules of reddit.
- Only Monero-related topics/links.
- No memes/image macros.
- Downvotes are for bad information or rudeness, not casual disagreement.
- When mentioning other currencies, keep the discussion civil. No zealotry.
- No posts on how many coins you own/lost.
- Please direct support questions to r/monerosupport.
- For price/valuation talk, please use /r/xmrtrader.